Most of us have used traditional non-stick cookware and experienced it's tendency to peel and flake off after a while. Most of the time that material that flakes off ends up in our food as we cook, which can cause health problems according to some studies. The non-stick coating can also release fumes when heated to high temperatures, making it an eco-problem too. This is where Ozeri's Green Earth pans come into play!
- Utilizes an ultra-safe ceramic coating derived from nature which is 100% ptfe and pfoa free.
- Delivers unprecedented non-stick performance without releasing harmful fumes or toxins at high temperatures.
- Features a scratch-resistant 100 percent ceramic coating as found in nature (no heavy metals or chemicals, 100% free of PTFE and PFOA) that is super easy to clean.
- Made out of durable heavy-gauge pure aluminum with no heavy metals or harmful chemicals.
- Boasts a comfortable heat resistant bakelight handle, and a magnetized induction stove safe base for rapid heat transfer.
The first step when using ceramic-coating is to "season" or precondition the pan by using a little oil before cooking. We first used our pan to cook-up some chicken pieces for a skillet meal, so I used a little bit of olive oil before adding in the chicken.
The chicken moved around so easily! I love how the pan has a hefty but not too heavy weight. You can see the quality just by looking at it, and the green color is very eye-catching. We have an electric range and our large burner is slightly crooked so most pans flop around and cook things horribly unevenly. Not so with Green Earth! The pan is just the perfect weight and is large enough that it fits perfectly over the burner, so it doesn't tilt and fall over.
The best aspect of Green Earth is the absence of the "smoking" or foul smell I notice with other non-stick coated pans. If you've ever broken in a brand new regular coated pan you might have noticed a thin smoke or gross chemical smell when heating it for the first time. I hate that. This pan had absolutely NO smoke or bad smell! Love love love it. The only thing that would make me like this pan even better is if it came with the matching lid, which must be purchased separately.
The 12" Green Earth Frying Pan by Ozeri gets 4/5 Starfishes from Serial Access Mom!
Come back on April 12th and enter the Honor the Earth giveaway hop for your chance to win a box of Good Earth tea and an Ozeri Green Earth fry pan!