* I received a box of Purex Crystals dryer sheets to facilitate this review. All opinions are my own and may differ from yours.
Used, crumpled-up dryer sheets used to be the bane of my laundry room. Seriously, they end up falling out of laundry hampers everywhere and I never manage to miss stepping on one. On our hard, tiled floors. And slipping and falling painfully.
This will happen no longer, I vow! After researching the 'net I've compiled a short list of uses for these nuisances, keeping them out of my hair and making them useful. Enjoy!
- Dust your television screen! The anti-static properties of the dryer sheet will help your tv repel lint and dust.
- Have flyaway, static-ridden hair? Wipe a used sheet over your mane to tame it.
- Use an old dryer sheet to easily contain powdery messes like talc or flour.
- Place a used dryer sheet in the bag or cylinder of your vacuum cleaner to freshen the air it puts back into your home.
- For get expensive car air fresheners, just stick a few used dryer sheets under the seats of your car for fresher air.
- Use scrubbing-yet-non-abrasive used dryer sheets to clean and shine chrome on your car.
- Keep your window blinds and shades cleaner by wiping them with a used sheet every once in a while. Same as the television, the chemicals on the sheet will help them repel dust.
- Clean the inside of your shower with a used dryer sheet. They are great at removing soap scum!
- Use a few sheets as a replacement Swiffer pad for your dry mop.
- Make an instant fire starter by stuffing used dryer sheets and lint in an empty toilet paper tube and folding the ends inward. Voila!
- Store a sheet or two in your luggage to keep moths away and keep musty smells away.
- Prevent your sewing thread from becoming tangled by running your needle and thread through a dryer sheet.
- Scissors not cutting as well as they should? Some people swear by dryer sheets. Run a used dryer sheet over the blades to refurbish them.
- Scrub-away dead bugs from your car hood, bumper, and windshield with a used dryer sheet and a few drops of water.
- My current favorite: Use that freshly-used dryer sheet to clean your dryer lint trap and surrounding areas.
I received this lovely package from Purex the other day...new Purex Crystals Dryer Sheets!
Purex Crystals fabric softener dryer sheets come in two different scents: Lavender Blossom and Fresh Spring Waters. We received Lavender Blossom to give a trial run.
Each box contains 120 sheets, which deliver the promise of keeping your laundry fresh for 30 days. I haven't had them for a month yet, so I can't really weigh-in on that promise. They do, however, leave my laundry smelling wonderful for at least a few days after washing! I am usually not a big fan of lavender scents, but these ones blew me away. Fresh out of the box they are quite strong, but not overwhelming. They really do help repel lint and dust, and are great for those living in climates with a lot of potential for static cling in the air.
TWO lucky readers of Serial Access Mom will win their own coupon for a free box of Purex Crystals Dryer Sheets in their choice of scent! Enter the Rafflecopter form below for your chance to win! Giveaway ends 5/23/14 at 11:59 pm and is open to US residents 18+.